£30,000 Per Annum
Permanent and Full Time
We are currently seeking a dynamic Nursery Manager to lead the team at a fantastic nursery in Hornchurch- Greater London
Our client’s nursery is dedicated to providing the best possible learning experience for children in a loving and friendly atmosphere. The Nursery is aiming to be the best one of the in the industry. They strongly support training and developing the right candidates and encourage their career development as the group grows.
Job Purpose for a Nursery Manager:
We have a position for Nursery Manager who will be responsible for the day to day management of the nursery and supervision of staff. Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures and working in partnership with the senior team to ensure the effective running and administration of the business.
Role & Responsibilities of a Nursery Manager:
- Promote clients vision and ethos to ensure a child-centred, safe and stimulating environment is provided, meeting the needs of every individual within a group setting.
- Lead the nursery team, promote positivity and professionalism.
- Manage the commercial success of the nursery by achieving and maintaining target occupancy levels.
- Develop and implement a proactive marketing plan, represent and promote the nursery at relevant social and marketing events.
- Manage the day to day operational and organisational aspects of the nursery in line with policies and procedures, safeguarding, Ofsted requirements, local authority guidance, health and safety and equal opportunities.
- Effective management of the nursery budget and monitoring parent accounts to ensure timely collection of nursery fees.
- Stock / equipment control and procurement.
- Collate reports and statistical information as required.
- Positive role model able to develop positive relationships with staff, colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies.
- Effective leader with a genuine desire to train and develop staff, supervising and supporting their professional development and day to day practice.
- Management of staffing levels, through recruitment to ensure staffing ratios are at the required levels and managing sickness and absence.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage and Welfare requirements are delivered to the highest standard.
- Work in partnership with local childcare / education providers, health providers and all other agencies.
- Develop and maintain procedures for review and assessment of each child’s progress.
- Implement and manage an effective parent liaison programme.
Key Skills & Experience for a Nursery Manager
- Must have worked previously within a nursery at a managerial level for a minimum of 1 year.
- Hold a relevant childcare qualification – minimum Level 3.
- Strong knowledge of Ofsted requirements.
- Experience of implementing the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Good planning, organisational and budget management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hour per week on rota)
- Eligible to obtain Enhanced DBS Reference and able to provide original copies of required qualifications.
- Hold a full, valid UK or EU drivers licence.
- Willingness to travel to other Nurseries in the Ashbourne Group.
- Experience as a Nursery Manager / Deputy Manager
- Passionate and positive
- Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- A love for customer service (making people happy)
- High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
- Degree level childcare qualification.
- Experience of running wrap around care.
Our client is offering immediate interviews so please confirm the dates you are available.
All Nursery Manager Applicants will be required to have a DBS.
Please send your most up to date CV to LB Specialist Recruitment as soon as possible with your child care certificate and right to work in the UK or call us .
LB Specialist Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
** All internal staff at LB Specialist Recruitment Are Safer Recruitment trained **
If this is not the job for you but you know someone who is, please refer an earn;
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80707987