AV/VC Support Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of Audio Visual technology as an AV/VC support engineer.
Based in East London or at one of our client's customer sites - your primary role is to provide trouble shooting and resolution in the event of a hardware or software failure. The role requires good customer facing skills, a strong technical support background, and the ability to work well in a team.
Key responsibilities are:
- To provide a level of in-depth investigation for technical incidents, and work with suppliersand other internal expertise to establish a workable solution i.e. workaround or fix.
- Ensuring all clients systems/services supported by the team achieve their agreed SLA foravailability and recovery.
- Maintaining project plans and liaising and relationship building with other areas of thecompany.
- Taking ownership of delegated support sites and ensuring systems are supported
- Proactive monitoring of systems to ensure correct operation.
- Ensuring that effective and up to date documentation is available for all systems and that itis distributed to relevant parties.
- Instituting and evaluating operational procedures.
- Ensuring all faults are logged and that reporting processes are followed.
- Liaise with and provide input to system developers and designers at various stages in thedevelopment cycle, to advise on operational aspects of future system
Based in East London salary is doe but circa £30k-£40k p.a. plus overtime, bonus and benefits.
Your skills and experience
You will be ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant technical discipline with practical experience in a complex AV or IT/communications environment. A CTS qualification is preferable.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Audio visual support and installation, exhibitions.
- Working at blue chip client level; able to work alongside CEO level customers
- Have an understanding of Control systems just as Cue, Creston, AMX
- Have a good understanding of live and installed sound systems; experience with DSP(Digital Signal Processors) configuration
- Basic lighting experience, DMX protocols
- Experience with video systems; including video switching and routing, EDID management,high resolution digital projectors, touch screens, video-walls, broadcast signal standards.
- Comprehensive computer support
- An understanding of wired and wireless networks types
- Basic Linux
- Video conferencing, telephone conferencing equipment
- A good understanding of MS Office.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work in a very high paced and dynamic environment
- Innovative with new ideas and solutions to problems, but with a positive outlook
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs, infrastructure, and evolving business processes
- Ability to work closely with the user community, interpret issues, understand requirements,and rapidly deploy solutions
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams including functional leads
- Ability to work directly with end users on issue resolution, and process development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of IP Networking technologies (knowledge of the OSI model, experience troubleshooting TCP/IP based issues, switches, routers, etc.)
- Experience on multiple operating system platforms
- Excellent customer relations skills
- All aspects of Audio Visual Service best practice, including Health Safety
- Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware
- Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience
- Extensive equipment support experience
- Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems (Windows, iOSUbuntu/Debian)
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Able to read and understand technical schematics, manuals, procedural documentation, and oeM guides.
Our client offer state of the art customer experiences using innovative Audio Visual technology to turn creative ideas into reality. They offer excellent working conditions and opportunities to thrive in a busy and creative environment.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual Recruiters in the UK working with clients and candidates to ensure a successful job fit every time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80695520