Engineering Change Engineer
A globally recognised Automotive OEM are looking for an Engineering Change Engineer to play a key role in creating, maintaining and controlling change to the bill of material across the company supply chain. The chosen candidate will have a strong understanding of how engineering change principles and processes work within a manufacturing organisation.
Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Redditch
Salary: £ 35,000 - £ 38,000 p.a. dependent on experience
Suitable for: Engineering Change Engineer, Change Engineer, BOM Engineer,
Provide a series of accurate bill of materials (BOM) to provide reference data and change management support throughout the business.
- Lead validation activities with stakeholders to confirm the accuracy of reference data.
- Support engineering change activities with accurate and timely information regarding the addition, deletion and usage changes of old, new or modified parts.
- Assist in the development of engineering change / BOM strategies within the company.
- Engage with sister companies to promote standardisation and maximise lessons learned in both BOM development and engineering change.
- Identify and build relationships with colleagues across the Group to improve communications and make sure co-ordinated change is handled correctly.
- Engage with the CBIT (Cross Brand Issue Tracker) and STC (Shared Technology Centre) processes to make sure the company is aware of related developments across the group.
- The position will require frequent contact with Purchasing, Engineering, Quality, SQA, Suppliers, PLM team and Health & Safety Executive
- At least qualified to HNC level in engineering administration or equivalent
- Good understanding of how engineering change principles and how processes work.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within automotive manufacturing change control environment.
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability with V-Lookups and Pivot Tables.
- A strong understanding of automotive design and development process
- Understanding of EBOM to PBOM to MBOM to SBOM
- Good understanding of engineering databases and PLM resources
- You will be tenacious and diligent in your work practices with excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced communication skills and able to self-manage, with a strong desire for continuous improvement.
To find out more please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Kelly Snelling or call 07889193029 to discuss further.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80686330