Basic salary: 25-28K Dependant on Experience
Holidays: 28 days per year (20 days + 8 days in lieu of bank holidays)
Our Client has been delivering boxes of food to people's home since 1988, and they currently deliver to around 60,000 homes a week. We operate across 10 sites in the UK, with our bases in south London and Andover.
Summary of Role:
The maintenance engineer will ensure the delivery the business needs by performing effective troubleshooting and planned preventive maintenance routines to prolong the useful life and optimise the efficiency of the operational and facilities equipment.
Supporting production activities at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdown and ensure maintenance cover for production areas is provided at all times by demonstrating flexibility regarding shift patterns and working overtime as required.
- To carry out repairs on machinery in all areas of the Andover sites as expediently as possible and to liaise with production personnel to minimise downtime.
- Ability to demonstrate theoretical knowledge with practical application.
- Proven experience in a maintenance role in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong skills in mechanical /electrical fault finding and repair.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- To ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out correctly in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all repair and maintenance documentation is maintained with full compliance with all regulatory guide lines, GMP, and company Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Ensuring housekeeping and cleanliness standards are met at all times.
Driving Site Standards:
- Maintain high levels of tidiness, cleanliness and presentation throughout the building when conducting a task.
- Monitor staff behaviour to ensure that facilities are maintained in good condition and escalate any unacceptable behaviour as necessary.
- Actively champion a culture of food safety and pride in the workplace.
- Identify and recommend improvements, replacements and repairs as appropriate
Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company's Health, Safety, Environmental, and wellbeing procedures.
- Working knowledge of current safety regulations and legislation.
Record Keeping & Stock Management:
- Completing all relevant documentation connected to the relevant tasks conducted.
- Maintenance work request.
- Maintenance Log.
- Permit to work log.
- Building fabrication log
Personal Attributes, Experience & Skills
- Experience of maintenance within a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi task.
- Professional, honest with integrity.
- IT literate, particularly in MS Office applications.
- A knowledge and understanding of relevant health and safety regulations.
- Good understanding written and oral skills.
- The ideal candidate will have completed a recognised Mechanical/Electrical engineering apprenticeship, or be able to demonstrate a proven maintenance background in a manufacturing/production environment
Please Note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80701572