6 Month Maternity cover, Professional Services Credit Controller. Birmingham City Centre. £25-30k.
Hays Credit Management is supporting a prestigious law firm in Birmingham City centre which is looking to recruit an experienced Credit Professional on a 6 month contract to cover maternity leave.
Your new role
- Management of own ledger of accounts.
- Chasing overdue debts by telephone, email and letter up to litigation.
- Following up unpaid bills with Partners, and Lawyers.
- Liaising with internal teams and Partners to minimise & quickly resolve queries.
- Building strong relationships with Internal & External Clients.
- Working in a team of Credit Controllers.
- Responsible for the collection of debt within specific departments minimising exposure to bad debts through effective credit & risk management whilst maintain & building strong internal and external client relationships.
- Generating monthly debtor reports for Partners and Lawyers and statements to clients.
- Promote proactive contact with clients & fee earners in the pursuit of swift payment of bills.
- Attend regular aged debt review meetings with Partners to discuss & resolve problem debts.
- Attending monthly team meeting focusing on specific clients and provide up to date and specific feedback.
- Dealing with allocation of cash receipts and queries.
- Meeting deadlines and monthly cash targets.
- Proactive in reducing DFO.
- Sales ledger maintenance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Gained experience from a Law Firm or other professional sector.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- GCSE/A level Mathematics and English Language
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and annual leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80692728