Head of Category Management & Technical
Head of Category Management & Technical
Are you a seasoned Category Manager or Senior Product Manager with great technical capabilities and experience gained within the Automotive Aftermarket or a parts manufacturing business within the automotive sector? Do you have excellent attention to detail combined with great man-management and leadership skills along with an ability to get the best from your team?
If your answer is yes and you are ready to lead and mentor a strategic product management & technical team then read on as this could be just the opportunity you have been looking for.
Ideally located – Hereford & Worcestershire
(Re-location support package available)
(££ Senior Management) Basic salary + Bonus + Car + Excellent benefits package
Schaeffler UK Ltd…
We are working with the Schaeffler Group an innovative German automotive manufacturing business and a leader in supplying the world’s automotive industry with premium, engineered drive train solutions. Here in the UK they are a fast growing organisation and with their 3 premium brands LuK, INA and FAG they are established brand leaders within the automotive aftermarket. As an integral parts manufacturer and supply partner to world leading vehicle manufacturers they cover a broad spectrum of applications including passenger car, commercial vehicle, agricultural and off-highway sectors.
Reporting directly to the MD and working closely with the Head of Operations this is a key executive appointment and the successful candidate will be responsible for all category management / technical product activities for the aftermarket business unit.
- Manage, develop and nurture the product management & technical functions for the business and associated team members of circa 10 individuals.
- Head up key activities for the UK including total focus on product range extensions and gap analysis for the UK market / portfolio.
- Bring forward plans to cater for product range development and sourcing specific product references from the German parent company.
- Analyse and track competitor activity in relation to product range and category development including cross referencing and parts identification tools / catalogues.
- Further develop and grow the organisations technical hotline support function catering for the needs of distributors and repairers alike.
- Manage procedural operations for the UK warranty services and attain KPI benchmarking.
- Become the face for the category management & technical function at European meetings and dealings with the parent company in Germany covering category & product management activities along with technical developments for the business.
Our Ideal Candidate…
Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require experience of operating in a senior category management role preferably within the automotive aftermarket or parts supply business into OEM’s for passenger car, off highway, commercial vehicleor agricultural parts sectors of the motor industry.
You will also:
- Possess natural leadership and supervisory qualities and be able to lead the team from the front.
- Be able to work well under pressure, be quick to learn, IT literate, analytical and possess a natural flare and passion for strategically developing product, technical and category management plans.
- You will also require strong commercial capabilities and excellent communication skills both written and verbal with an ability to communicate at all levels from business owner / stakeholder through to workshop owners and technicians.
- Ideally be educated to HNC/ HND or degree level in a technical / engineering discipline.
- Possess a keen eye for detail along with strong excel capabilities you will also need to be able to analyse large amounts of data and form solid commercial decisions to support the decision-making process.
- Have previous experience of working within product / category management in an aftermarket or spare parts biased business with premium brands.
- An understanding of replacement components in the automotive, commercial vehicle, agricultural or off hi-way sectors would be exceptionally beneficial.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Head of Category Management & Technical please forward your CV to Glen Shepherd, Director at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Glen directly for a further chat on the job.
Glen is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Glen and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2802GSGC
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions () and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80680799