Experienced Information Developer - DITA
- Experienced Information Developer
- Up to £350 per day
- 6 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as an Information Developer.
As a contract information developer, you have an exceptional opportunity to provide technical communication services to this group and work with our global team of information developers.
What will you be responsible for?
- Identifying user needs, and adapting and improving content based on these needs.
- Creating and maintaining structured technical content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use, and eliminates ambiguity without the loss of precision.
- Ensuring that the technical content complies with corporate and Technical Communications writing standards.
- Tracking and reporting on the progress of the technical content lifecycle.
- Working with the Technical Communications team lead and the content architect to implement content models and best practices.
The Technical Communications team is part of the Partner Enablement Group. It is responsible for producing and maintaining customer-facing technical content for all products, including documentation, user assistance, and multimedia. Technical Communications has a presence in all of the companies major design centres. Members of the team come from a variety of backgrounds, and range from experienced information developers to graduates. The team operates to established, well-defined processes and standards.
Education and qualifications:
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject, for example:
o Electronic engineering
o Comparative linguistics
o Information development
o Other degree or post-graduate qualification in relevant field.
Alternative experience in a relevant technical area.
Essential skills and personal attributes:
- Experienced information developer, with a proven track record of writing for wide audiences.
- Very good understanding of the documentation production cycle.
- Very good knowledge of industry standard tools and technologies, with the ability to learn and adapt, for example:
o Content management systems
o Vector graphics tools
o Multimedia authoring tools
o Version control systems
o Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) methodology
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80707470