Location: Maidstone Lesiure Centre, Kent, ME15 7RN
Working Hours: 40 hours per week + call outs
Salary: £18,000 to £18,500 + benefits
Serco Leisure have a rare opportunity to join our Technical Team on our “Mid-Kent” Contract working 40 hrs per week Mon - Fri with occasional weekend and Evening work.
The Technical Teams have a shared vision to ensure that the Leisure Centres are maintained to an excellent standard. In order for that to happen you will be tasked with maintaining the building on a planned preventative and reactive basis. To include building fabric and M&E. You will be responsible for arranging repair to this busy destination facility, undertaking both planned and reactive maintenance. In addition, you will be responsible for the monitoring of the swimming pool water quality and make minor adjustment to the water treatment system equipment. You will be required to undertake any further duties or training as requested by the Technical Supervisor. Some out of our call outs or telephonic support it at time required. The role will be based at Maidstone Leisure Centre, but one average one day per week will be allocated to a nearby smaller contract in Meopham.
Serco Leisure prides itself on personal development, if you are the right candidate we will work with you to develop skills and nurture talent. You will have opportunity to apply and achieve Serco approved training; by way of both Internal & External programmes. You will also receive a full company and structured technical induction with full support every step of the way to allow you to succeed in your new role.
We are committed to our values of Pride, Innovation, Care & Trust and we expect our employees to be walking, talking advocates of these. Every employee plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
Whilst the Leisure Centre(s) are managed by a global organisation we pride ourselves on maintaining a “community feel” and you will become part of a wider team that works seamlessly together for the betterment of the customer experience.
The successful Technician will ideally have:
- Pool Plant Operators certification ( up to date) - Essential
- Craft Skills - Essential
- Professional trade qualification and certification - Essential
- Previous experience working in a similar role (Ideally including Pool Plant)
- Experience of reactive works to Pool Plant, HVAC, Mechanical & Electrical systems
- Multi-skilled with basic Plumbing, Carpentry & Electrics
- Ability to maintain accurate records (Both Written & Electronic)
- Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- You may be required to work outside of normal working hours and respond to out of hour’s emergencies, covering 5 days out of 7.
The benefits you may enjoy as a Team Member include:
- 21 days holiday (pro rata) + 8 Bank Holidays
- Access to Pool Plant, Acop L8, Pasma, Ipaf training
- Company mobile phone
- Facility membership
- Staff Discount on Food & Beverage
- Access to regular Southern Cluster Social Events
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive workshop set up
- Uniform and PPE supplied
- Full support of the Southern Technical Team
- Access to employee discount & benefits scheme.
And much more
If you have the skills and experience required to fulfil this role, please apply now.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80706827