Mechanical Design Engineer
RoleMechanical design of body: primarily welding jigs, fixtures, special purpose machines and robot cells. ExperienceIdeally a minimum of 3yrs experience within the following: -
- B.I.W weld fixtures and equipment design. (Welding of individual panel parts to form sub assembles)
- Special purpose machines welding.
- Mechanical design, detailing, assembly drawing, bill of materials and geometrical tolerancing.
- 3D Solid Modelling.
- Awareness of hydraulic, pneumatic and basic electrical control systems.
- Demonstrate experience of problem solving and implementation of successful countermeasures.QualificationsHNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering.Additional- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.- 3D Cad experience (Ideally Catia V5).- Good team member and communication skills are a must.- Must be proactive, assertive, open and responsive to change.- Ability to work under pressure and to a tight timescale- Willingness to work extra hours when & where required.
Please note all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80716077