Interim Project Engineer
Interim Project Engineer – Chemical
Based in Derbyshire - 6 months contract minimum
£250p/h + (Ltd) DOE
This well established UK based company is currently in the process of an exciting £1 million plant upgrade estimated to take place over the next 6 to 12 month. They are now in a position where they are now looking to engage with an experienced Interim Project Engineer to help guide them through this process in a timely manner and to budget.
In addition to this the company have a £12 million project on the horizon which the successful candidate could also be involved in.
This company has a number of sites across the UK which provided service to a number of industries to include the automotive, aerospace and residential.
If you believe you’re right for this role then please call Graham Mason on.
The role will involve:
- Working through 200 HAZOP Actions
- Assisting with project definitions
- Involved in the installation of new equipment
- Developing P&ID’s
- Site surveys – measuring up, checking P&ID’s against what is physically on-site
- Completing method statements and risk assessment
- Completing SOP
- Completing process design calcs. – pressure, flow rate
- Spec’ing equipment – pumps, pipework
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Degree qualified Mechanical or Chemical engineer
- At least 8 years of project/engineering experience in the chemical manufacturing industry
- Extensive experience of Hazard studies and HAZOP
- Proficient in pressure relief calculations, mass/energy balance, pressure drop calculations and equipment sizing
- Develop P&ID, layout sketches and scopes of work
- Interfaced with control systems, design logic for sequence operations, defined interlock schedules.
- Strong safety leadership – safely isolating plant equipment and writing permits
- Able to write clear but detailed method statements for project installation and commissioning activities
The benefits of this position:
- Large established business
- £250p/h - £300 p/d (Ltd)
- Long Contracts - 6 months with opportunities for extensions
- Impressive client base
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to I can also be contacted directly on. I look forward to hearing from you!
ATA Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of Engineers across the UK, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job! - ;
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80694359