Applications Analyst Newcastle Salary £38800 Permanent
The Applications Analyst will be reporting to the Desktop Support Manager, the post holder will be primarily responsible for the development, deployment, maintenance and support of software applications to meet the business needs of a range of Professional Services within the organisation.
Substantial practical experience of deploying and maintaining enterprise level applications is essential, along with experience of proactive customer engagement in an application deployment context. Excellent documentation skills are required in order to effectively support the running of services at both the technical and customer level.
The post holder will be expected, through excellent communication and persuasion skills, to effectively appreciate, understand and resolve a range of customer requirements and issues. The ability to be proactive, managing conflicting demands and changing priorities is essential.
Key to this role is the ability to effectively collaborate with technical colleagues (for example, operating system and database administrators) to provide integrated solutions which are resilient and highly available. The post holder will possess demonstrable experience of planning whilst taking into account priorities of their own and other areas. A high degree of self motivation and the ability to act upon own initiative is essential.
Knowledge (inc. qualifications)
* Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
* Substantial practical technical knowledge of Microsoft based IT infrastructure(s) and associated applications including SQL server 2012 or higher, plus IIS 8.5 or higher.
* Maintain and develop knowledge by independent reading/research/investigations and through formal training programmes and qualification as and when required.
* Experience of Six Sigma methodology.
* Evidence of continuing personal development.
Skills (professional, technical, managerial, practical)
* The ability to solve problems based upon past experience and independent investigative analysis.
* A full and deep understanding of all aspects of their area of responsibility.
* Excellent communication, persuasion, influencing and customer service skills including the ability to communicate effectively with people from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
* Capable of independent analysis, judgement and research into all aspects of their area of responsibility.
* The ability to seek out new information and communicate effectively with other members of staff and students.
* Assess and resolve customer requirements and issues.
* The ability to develop and learn within the role.
Experience and Achievements (paid or unpaid)
* Substantial practical technical knowledge of deploying and maintaining enterprise level applications within a Microsoft environment.
* Proven relevant experience in a similar or related role, preferably in an organisation of comparable size and complexity.
* Detailed operational and in-depth technical knowledge of processes and systems.
* Develop experience in line with the objectives set by their line-manager.
* Proactive customer and stakeholder engagement in an application deployment context.
* Deal effectively with conflicting demands, changing priorities and communicate proactively with the customer.
Call To Action
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now. Please note that relevant experience is essential for this role.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or if you know someone else who is suitable we offer a £500 refer a friend scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80685584