Ruby on Rails Developer
Our client is looking revolutionise the health-care space and looking for a Ruby contractor to work in the data / machine learning team on the architecture of complex data architectures at extremely high scale, in real world environments and problem spaces. This is an opportunity to deliver large scale globally to solve real life world health-care problems launching in new global territories, you will be work on the development of micro services powering up their check report, mobile app monitor and systems to template dynamic data feed based on multiple data sources and services.
The role :
Our client is looking for super talented ruby software engineers who are self sufficient as well as able to communicate effectively with a cross functional team, you will be highly motivated and able to quickly build new features. This role will be a part of a platform overhaul in a large scale environment moving from monolithic architecture to microservices. You will also be involved in the re-build of new systems so they are looking for a world class software engineers who can write clean code which is well documented and structured following all the correct software engineering principles and best practices. You will also be a part of developing their core back end services which is serving their cutting edge platform to deliver a first class experience to millions of consumers globally, which incorporate some awesome and exciting features.
- Development experience of a wide range of technologies, tools, databases, APIs etc and knows how to use them properly.
- 3+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with cloud deployment tools and AWS or Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience with relational and noSQL (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.) data stores
- Significant experience utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
- Understand and drive build processes.g Jenkins, Circle CI), Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- A strong understanding of OOP and solid design principles
- Solid experience with RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in writing well-tested code
- Proficient in GIT
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80705984