Part Time Payroll Administrator
gap personnel Exeter are pleased to be supporting our local client in recruiting a Part Time Payroll Administrator working Monday to Thursday.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the main duties of the role are:
- Accurate and timely processing of payrolls for all company employees
- To respond to enquiries in all matters related to payroll.
- Support the filing of year end returns with relevant UK authorities.
- Payroll accounting including provision of general ledger files and support on reconciliation.
- Provision of standard payroll reporting per defined schedules and ad-hoc on request.
- Keeping up to date on UK payroll related legislation and ensuring all relevant people/teams within the payroll organisation are briefed and relevant actions needed are taken.
- Ensure payroll is compliant including performing scheduled self-audit tests on payroll related processes.
- To act as administrator for Time & Attendance system, supporting the users of the system and provide reporting on request.
- Maintaining accurate computerised employee clocking records by following up with managers/supervisors to ensure their employee record anomalies are resolved by relevant deadlines, escalating when needed.
- Issue of employee clock cards and other identification cards.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of Service Level Agreement.
- Helping update and improve payroll policies and processes.
- Any additional tasks at management discretion relevant to the position and job grade.
- Daily interaction with business unit HR staff, location line managers and other location staff at all levels, handling requests for payroll information, resolving queries and issues.
- High volumes of work at particular periods of the work cycle.
- Dealing with a wide range of issues and people at all levels within the business
- Ensuring that data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintaining a high customer focused approach whilst operating within agreed service level agreement.
You will have:
Demonstrable 'hands on' payroll experience.
- Significant knowledge and use of payroll systems
- An understanding of UK specific legislation including: tax year-end procedures, as well as payroll ledger and postings.
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a changing environment to meet demanding deadlines and timescales
- High level of interpersonal skills including demonstrable customer focus and the ability to provide remote support to customers at all levels within the company.
- The ability to work accurately with a strong and developed attention to details.
- Administrative oriented with outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise individual workload within set payroll processing timescales.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong team player skills.
This role is 30 hours per week.
To apply please contact Rebecca @ gap personnel Exeter on 01392 273665 or email your CV asap to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80677878