sql & oracle database administrator
SQL Database Administrator - Up to £52,217 - Camden, North West London
We are currently working on behalf of a national railway security firm, recruiting for an SQL Database Administrator to join their Head Office based in Camden, North London.
The purpose of this role is to carry out asset management for 160+ software licences with Oracle and SQL Server database installations onto the organisation`s systems. You will also participate in on-call out of hours triage, diagnostics and remedial work in your specialist field. The database based applications that the organisation use include mission critical systems such as Command & Control, Crime & Origin, and also test the training systems put into place. The databases used by this organisation are Oracle (70%) and SQL Server (30%); these will run on multiple platforms including Linux and Windows, and Oracle`s e-Business Suite version 11.5 for Origin.
The ideal candidate will have expertise within the following:
- Extensive exposure working within a SQL Server or Oracle database environment
- Expertise in providing support for mission critical applications
- Understanding of performance monitoring and database optimisation tools and techniques
- Exposure to running programs on Linux or Windows
- Ideally some working knowledge of Oracle`s e-Business Suite
- Ideally some exposure to UNIX operating system
Other elements of the job entail:
- Database/repository design
- Programming/software development
- Capacity management
- Database administration
- Problem management
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent expertise
- Accredited ITIL Foundation level or higher
Apply now with an up to date profile to be considered. We will be in touch from there.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80698147