Underwriting Case Manager
Our client, a leading financial services organisation, is hiring for an Underwriting Case Manager; responsible for processing mortgage applications after initial underwrite, to recommending it for offer approval in accordance with Lending policy. It is expected you will maintain a high level of knowledge of the underwriting policy and apply the highest standards of assessing documentation at all times.
The relationship with underwriters is fundamental to the delivery of a seamless service to the customer, delivering a pro-active case management approach to ensure cases are progressed effectively.
- To manage a pipeline of applications following initial assessment by an underwriter, through to preparing the case for Offer.
- Ensure all system notes and updates are accurate and correctly reflect the case status.
- Assessing underwriting requirements on an individual case basis & identifying whether they meet policy or requires referral to an underwriter.
- Ensure all correspondence including references and valuations are in line with lending policy and the appropriate mortgage product.
- Have a professional relationship with the mortgage brokers able to manage expectations and clearly articulate requirements
- Build a close working relationship with the Underwriters to enhance the process from a system, service and quality perspective, creating an effective underwriting unit.
- Ideally some understanding of the underwriting process, even if not specifically mortgage underwriting
- Excellent Case & Time Management skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail both in assessing documentation and in data capture.
- Understanding of related FCA permissions.
- Understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
- Ideally graduate level experience in a Finance related degree or educated to at least GCSE level including Maths and English
- CeMap qualified (desirable)
This is a full-time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday.
Please apply online to be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80679288