Software Developer C++
Software Engineer C++
£ 35-45k+ bonus
An opportunity has been created for a C++ software developer to join a successful company that is involved with the design and development of sophisticated fibre optic based sensing technologies.
The role would involve the C++ development of applications, within Linux, used by customers as well as those to help view and analyse large data sets (terabytes) and validate designs and algorithms used within the research and development of new products and systems.
You will be working as a C++ software developer as part of a collaborative, multi-skilled product development team based over multiple locations and sometimes multitasking between concurrent projects.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- A good degree or higher in a relevant subject (e.g. computer science, software engineering etc)
- Experience of software development using C++ ideally within Linux OS environments (experience of Windows would also be useful)
- Development of multi-threaded applications (ideally desktop applications) would be preferred
- Passion for learning new technologies (perhaps evidenced through self-learning or extra-curricular projects, hobbies and interests, Git Hub, Linux / Open Source contributions)
- Proactive, organised, self-starter and able to work effectively in a small team environment
More (beneficial skills and knowledge)
- Experience of C# .NET development would be useful as would any exposure of WinForms / WPF or Git version control
- An interest in neural networks, GPU or signal processing would be good
- You will work with signal processing engineers that develop algorithms for the company products, hence any knowledge of Matlab, Python or GPU would be useful
- Understanding of hardware / electronics could be useful
The products are utilised in a variety of industry sectors as sensor systems that can help protect assets, detect failures, threats and many other uses over large geographical areas by utilising sensitive fibre optic technologies (acoustic sensing, temperature sensing or vibration monitoring.)
Although not essential, an appreciation or knowledge of signal processing technologies from applications such as data analytics, computer vision, video / image processing, audio / speech recognition, or sonar / radar etc, could be useful.
To apply for the role of Software Developer: C++, please click APPLY now and send CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80679962