We seek a senior network engineer to join a leading managed services and IT infrastructure products provider to the global capital markets community. You’ll implement, maintain, troubleshoot and support all aspects of network (plus some security) on the network infrastructure.
Based out of London, the Network Engineer will work closely with the global network team (London, US and APAC). You will be responsible for the timely delivery of changes to the network environment to facilitate the onboarding of new clients, to deliver new features or service to the PIPE platform and to provide support for production issues. The willingness and ability to travel to any of the company offices globally at any time is essential.
The role requires a flexible, senior engineer who is capable of managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced service provider environment, is keen to learn and has the right attitude. Teamwork and ability to work on own initiative is imperative for the role which includes (but is not restricted to the following key areas):
Candidate Skills should include the following:
- A good knowledge of routing & switching, mainly Cisco but also other vendors beneficial (e.g. Arista)
- CCNA or CCNP certification
- Firewall project and/or support experience – ideally Checkpoint or Fortinet/Fortigate
- A good attitude and strong work ethic with a willingness to learn in a fast pace working environment
- CCSA/CCSE, Fortinet NSE certifications, and Linux or Python skills are looked upon favorably
- This position presents a fantastic opportunity to get hands on experience with different technologies across a variety of vendor’s equipment
This opportunity represents an excellent opportunity to get real hands on experience in the industry working with peers (up to CCIE level) on technology from a number of leading vendor in the space
3rd Party Network Connections:
The company provides broker/venue connectivity as part of its PIPE Core® offering, typically to Tier 1 Investment Banks, brokers or pools of liquidity. We deliver these either via direct fibre circuits, via x-connects, or through the use of global MSP networks (e.g. BT Radianz, TNS).
Direct Exchange Connectivity:
The company provides connectivity to and market data services from the global catalogue of stock exchanges and venues/MTFs. We deliver ultra-low latency market data and on-exchange trading services. Currently connected exchanges include Nasdaq, NYSE, CME/CBOT, LSE, Deutsche Börse (Xetra/Eurex) as well as MTFs such as BATS Chi-X Europe and Direct Edge.
New Client Solutions:
Involves implementation of new client network architecture ready for client on-boarding onto the private cloud. These designs range from (but are not limited to) redundant connections to multiple datacentres, site to site VPNs, datacentre x-connects, secure web hosting services and layered firewall security, through to software VPN access, and home/office network connectivity using site-to-site Internet VPNs.
The below are examples of technologies that are used (the candidate is not expected to be familiar with all of them)
IPSEC, GRE, ADSL, Dark fibre, MPLS, IPSEC VPN, DMVPN
Gigabit and TenGig Ethernet, Multicast (PIM/IGMP), Spanning-Tree (+ extensions), switching, Vlan trunking, EtherChannel (PAgP, LACP), SVI’s and inter-VLAN routing, QoS
OSPF, BGP, static routes, route redistribution, policy-based routing, VRFs
- Checkpoint NGX R70/R77 and Management Suite (SmartDashboard, SmartView Tracker)
- Fortigate Firewalls and Management Suite (FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer)
NMS and Troubleshooting Tools:
tcpdump, Wireshark, Nagios, Cacti, Splunk
- Cisco Aironet deployment in either root or repeater, Lightweight mode
- Cisco Wireless Controllers
- Familiarity with wireless security (WEP/WPA/WPA2)
- Cisco Catalyst switches – 65xx, 45xx, 3850, 3750, 3560 – 6500 platform particularly desirable
- Cisco routers – 39xx,, 29xx, 89x, 88x, ASR 1002-X
- Arista switches – 7124, 7150, 7280R, 7050, 7060
- Juniper EX4200 series switches
- Cisco 10Gb line modules
- SolarFlare 10Gb network cards
- Checkpoint firewalls – IP3xx, IP5xx, 46xx, 48xx
- Wireless access points – 1600, 1700 ,2600, 2700,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80705302