Are you an engineer who has experience of maintaining factory machinery? Are you interested in working on a rotation? Are you seeking a role with a global manufacturer? If you can answer yes to these questions then this could be the role for you!
Working within a team that are responsible for maintaining building plant, manufacturing equipment and facilities by carrying out planned and reactive maintenance activities.
Key responsibilities & Tasks:
- Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required.
- Operate Fork Lift Truck and Elevated Working Platform as required.
- Supervising / assisting visiting specialist engineers and inspectors when necessary.
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to management and into SAP.
- Plan / prioritize workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Fill in job tickets / SAP on completion of work. Undertake all duties safely and in accordance with Company Health & Safety policy and practice.
- Identify spares requirements and control / log usage.
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Available for out of hours call out in emergencies and to work a shift rota.
Typical example of work would be to respond to maintenance request for equipment fault, diagnose fault, repair, return the equipment to operational service and log the work. All work to be carried out operating in a safe and efficient manner.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications. (or Equivalent)
- Experience as a qualified maintenance / service engineer operating in an industrial environment.
- Experience with fault finding and maintenance of factory plant/equipment as well as lathes, mills and drills.
- Experience with checking and tighten chain tensions, slides and bearings.
- Experience with electrical fault finding and maintenance.
- Experience with operating Counterbalance Fork Lift Trucks, Pedestrian Stackers and Elevated Working Platform is highly desirable.
- Experience with maintaining complex multi axis (5) pallet turning, milling and drilling CNC machines and control systems is highly desirable
- Experience with fault finding and rectification on relay logic and PLC control systems is highly desirable. (e.g. Fanuc, Heidenhain, Mazatrol…)
This role is working on a 2 shift pattern of 6am - 2pm & 2pm - 10pm. Cover for the 10pm - 6am shift is done on a call out rotational basis.
For more information please click APPLY
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80677364