Here at GAP we are looking for a keen and enthusiastic individual to help ensure the smooth running of the Credit Control function in our head office in Blackburn. This individual will be working to set targets within a portfolio of depot specific customers, ensuring timely collection of monies outstanding is done on a regular on-going basis. The individual must perform this function whilst maintaining close relationships with your colleagues within the team and be available to assist in other areas when required.
- Chasing payments for aged debts from a portfolio of customers via telephone, e-mail, letter etc.
- Dealing with email, letter, and telephone correspondence.
- Dealing with internal and external queries and complaints.
- Raising and applying credit notes where necessary.
- Opening customer accounts.
- Allocating payments.
- Reviewing credit limits.
- Liaising with internal, external sales representatives, Group Financial Controllers and Financial Controller to resolve queries/ account issues.
- Reviewing and monitoring aged debts to ensure maximum cash collection.
- To escalate problem debts through to legal proceedings where necessary.
- To perform any other task that is of reasonable request in line with the business.
It's an exciting time to be joining us here at GAP as with the recent purchase of SIG Building Plastics and windows businesses, we now have 112 depots and counting. This recent addition presents all our staff with the chance to grow within the business and we are determined to bring the right people on board to help us take the next step.
The Successful Candidate will;
- Have been educated to GCSE level.
- Have 2+ years' experience as a credit controller.
- Have experience dealing with 300+ accounts.
- Have experience of creating, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Have the ability to plan and organise their own workload.
- Have highly efficient IT skills.
- Have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Be personally effective – excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise.
- Have effective written and verbal communication as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Be target driven, highly motivated and not easily discouraged.
- Be highly accurate, with attention to detail and the ability to identify mistakes and correct them.
Here at GAP we are passionate about bringing the right people into the business to help maintain out ‘family feel', which we think has helped our success. If you have an excellent telephone manner and the right attitude, please don't hesitate in sending your CV for immediate consideration!
GAP gives all candidates equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80706525