Beauty Product Developer, award-winning beauty brand
Are you an innovative product developer, with an instinctive eye for a trend, and a passion for beauty?
Our client is an award winning British beauty brand, who are going from strength to strength. They have an enviable customer list, suppling major retailers both in the UK around the globe. Due to this success and expansion they are looking for a new Beauty Product Developer to join their team.
You will be responsible for the development and production of innovative beauty products from concept right through to launch, developing and delivering aspirational, commercial products that are both profitable and brand relevant. You will have a genuine passion for beauty, and a love of product.
In this Product Developer role, your typical day will include:
- Successful delivery of innovative new products
- Analysing the market for new product development opportunities within the beauty sector
- Ensuring a timely delivery of core ranges
- Keeping on top of all beauty related trends, blogs, vlogs etc.
- Working with the design department on initial ideas/concepts.
- Full critical path management.
- Ensuring that profit margins are maximised
- Negotiating cost prices, MOQs and payment terms
- Travel to global suppliers as required
The successful Beauty Product Developer will have the following qualities:
- 3+ years’ experience in an equivalent position
- Creative, innovative approach
- A high level of commercial awareness in the beauty industry
- Experience managing the cradle to grave product development life cycle
- Experience of managing suppliers
- Trend aware, with a good understanding of the beauty industry, both in the UK and Internationally
- Organised, with attention to detail
- Great communicator - ability to explain complex product specifications to a wide audience – i.e. factories, suppliers, buyers and designers
- Work well under pressure and deadline driven in a fast-paced role
- Mandarin speaker an advantage, but not necessary
- Work autonomously alongside PDM with little requirement for prompting
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80696761