Corporate and VAT Tax Accountant
We have a really rare position that has arisen working for an Internationally recognised business based in Reigate, Surrey for a Qualified Accountant to join the business as a Corporate and VAT Tax Accountant.
Reference No: HT14542
Corporate and VAT Tax Accountant - About The Role
The Corporate and VAT Tax Accountant position has come available following the current incumbent taking early retirement after being the business for over 10 years.
Within this role you will be working within a small team that takes responsibility for all UK Corporate Tax and VAT Tax Accounting, including the Tax submissions for the statutory accounts. Beyond the standard processing of the Tax Returns and Accounts you will be providing an advisory service across the business and assisting with the treasury development.
As this is an international business that you will be working for, you will complete monthly and year end postings in line with US GAAP and FRS101.
As the Corporate and VAT TAX Accountant your duties and responsibilities will consist of:
- Complete corporation tax and VAT compliance work
- Work closely with and support the Financial Accounts team with Tax related issues
- Act as a tax technical expect for the business
- Develop tax accounting to accommodate changes in accounting regulations, specifically US GAAP and FRS 101
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, including tax auditors
- Complete monthly corporation tax and VAT postings
To be the successful applicant for this Corporate and VAT Tax Accountant position we are looking for you to have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
- Hold a full Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- If you have a CTA qualification it would be seen highly favourable
- Balanced experience of both Corporate Tax and VAT, ideally from within a larger company environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to speak to non-technical individuals
- Strong IT skills including the use of Excel
Tax Accountant - Benefits
This Tax Accountant position comes with a generous salary, Bonus of 10%, Pension, 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits package
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80703191