North Midland Construction Plc (NM Group) operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops enabling us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships. We provide a complete service offering to the construction industry from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation.
Our six operational divisions provide focused services to customers across our five chosen core market sectors of: Construction, Power, Highways, Telecommunications and Water; providing engineering, construction management and frontline delivery services.
We operate within our values of: People, Inspire, Excellence, which remain key to our strategic aims and objectives for growth. We are immensely proud of our family ethos which we are committed to maintaining throughout our business.
We are looking to recruit a telecoms project manager to work on a regional fibre build programme on behalf of our client Virgin Media. Working from Site accommodation and a local regional office in Warrington you`ll be looking after a major project in the Ormskirk area on behalf of our client and will own project delivery for FTTP solutions, including civils construction on both existing HFC networks and new FTTP delivery.
The successful candidate will have a background in new build telecoms fibre or copper network build and the associated civils construction you’ll be able to point to a track record of success within a NRSWA regulated environment.
This is essential, so a proven track record in telecoms civils / fibre build is key. It is also a highly client & LA interfacing role, and experience of working on or around HFC/FTTP projects with the associated constraints would clearly be a significant advantage.
The successful candidate will be leading the project team, direct and subcontractor resources responsible for the network delivery fibre to the premise solutions (FTTP) and be responsible for the project management of the civils build and delivery of the fibre cabling from the DP to customer premises.
If successful the candidate will act as the owner of Network Delivery on assigned projects internally and externally and will be responsible for the day to day management of the planning and build to the agreed design, budget and time scale.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- You will be responsible for overseeing the complete surveying, build for civils, splicing and Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) works
- Liaise closely with Designers and delivery staff regarding any potential design or construction/build issues
- Working closely with the Project Coordinator; programming gangs workload and keeping updated on completed works ensuring compliance with NRSWA requirements, including noticing and permits
- Ensuring that gangs are working within guidelines and company safety standards
- During the construction stage you will be required to keep the work tracker up to date; whilst keeping the client informed of progress against programme and delivery dates
- Once the work is complete you will be responsible for carrying out in-depth surveys; ensuring that correct specifications are achieved, reporting back on any incomplete work or defects for further action
- Responsible for managing and driving supervisors to achieve compliance with the NRSWA specification
- Responsible for managing the subcontractor resources and keeping them in line with the programme with regular meetings
- Responsible for chasing up all incomplete works; prioritising and rectifying accordingly, this will then need to be checked before joint sign off with the client
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of the delivery of Civils and fibre based solutions
- An understanding of the project life cycle linked to delivering a national ISP network
- Formal methodology background (Prince 2, PMP) combined with a think on your feet attitude that allows the project to be delivered on time, and within budget
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of project planning processes, techniques, methodologies, risk and commercial savvy
- Stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to manage uncertainty and understand the impact of this on the project; proactive and forward-looking
- The ability to push back when needed whilst also keeping the customer happy
- Knowledge of telecoms business planning and provisioning process
- Ability to interact with technical engineers inside the business and non-technical customers outside of the company
- NRSWA Accreditation
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80670703