IT Business Analyst
Reporting into the Demand Manager, the IT Business Analyst will have responsibility for analysing business requirements for new IT solutions or enhancements along with documenting the requirements to industry standard best practices (user cases, requirements catalogue etc.) such that they can be developed by IT solutions providers.
• Document high level business requirements, identifying business needs and translating these into a catalogue of functional and non-functional requirements, which are catalogued by priority
• Where relevant, to flow chart business process changes to understand the business context for new IT solutions
• Document detailed business requirements in the form of use cases and functional specifications
• Document logical data models for complex new system requirements
• Document complex business rules
• Support prioritisation and scope management of requirements
• Support traceability of requirements to solution design
• Support translation of requirements into test scenarios
• Support proto-tying and agile-based design by ensuring that the designs remain aligned to agreed requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Understanding of structured business analysis techniques along with the project lifecycle
• Substantial experience in gathering, writing and documenting requirements
• Understanding of or experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience within the Financial Services / Insurance industry
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a project team
• Ability to work on multiple projects/programmes of work
Desirable skills and experience
• ISEB diploma in Business Analysis
• Experience in the UK mortgage market
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
Together has been named as one of the UK's best 100 mid-size companies to work for. We went straight into the top 40, ranking at an impressive 34 in the UK and making the top ten in the North West.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80706751