Junior Engineer (SUTT) - Portsmouth
Salary - £37,000 - £40,600
To operate and ensure correct maintenance and repair of the vessel’s auxiliary machinery, ship’s systems and equipment in a safe, effective and economic manner i.a.w relevant HASAW/MCA regulations. The engineer is responsible for the safe efficient and economic operation and upkeep of the vessel’s hull and machinery systems, equipment, structure and fittings including associated electrical and electronic equipment, embarked craft, ship’s boats and portable plant. He will be responsible for the implementation of the requirements of the ISM Code within the Engineering Department.
- The operation maintenance, performance, availability, security, custody and safety of all equipment and systems in his charge
- The custody of drawings and publications associated with the equipment and systems in his charge, and of ships machinery spares and stores appropriate to his department
- The compilation of records, reports and returns.
- For the standards of fire prevention and firefighting on-board vessels
- Provide all necessary written procedures for the Engineering Department aboard, as required by the Quality System or the ISM Code as appropriate.
- Demand stores, fuel, and spare gear as necessary.
- To act as the Ship’s Safety and Environmental Officer.
- To mentor junior engineers
- To be responsible for maintenance on more than one vessel.
- To operate winches while on towing tasks.
- Minimum Certificate of Competency:-Senior Marine Engine Operators Leadership and developing people.
- First Aid
- Fire Fighting
- BasicSea Survival and CPSC Certificates
- ENG1 Medical
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80706837