Refuse Derived Fuel Plant Manager (Recycling)
We’re looking for a Process Engineer with Operational Management experience ideally in the waste industry to join our team as Plant Manager at our Bletchley RDF Facility.
You will have the responsibility of running the plant across all areas and you will look to improve productivity and manage inputs and outputs to ensure critical kpi’s are achieved.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To ensure that the Site is operated efficiently and safely with health and safety, environmental compliance, customer service levels and the needs of the local community at the forefront.
- To manage and organise efficient and safe handling of waste material by adopting best practice principles to ensure costs and revenues are controlled to maximise site profitability.
- To constantly seek opportunities to improve plant productivity, maximise range of materials recycled or recovered and generate additional revenues.
- To ensure that operational and maintenance activities are carried out whilst achieving minimum downtime.
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place and all staff are trained for their respective job and that attendance levels are achieved and managed appropriately.
- To be fully aware of planning consents and waste disposal permits relating to the Site and ensure they are not breached.
- To maintain day-to-day contact with the Environment Agency and undertake regular meetings on matters such as site permits, waste types and compliance issues.
To be considered for our role you will need:
- Ideally educated to at least A level standard; ideally a graduate in business or process disciplines.
- Experience of process engineering and operational management, ideally within the waste or similar process industry with regulatory controls.
- Relevant CoTC, or prepared to work towards gaining this.
- Experienced in preparing and working to budgets.
- Experienced in managing teams in a production environment with a track record of delivering to production and financial targets.
- Proven ability as a line manager; able to recruit, develop, motivate and control operations and technical staff working in a processing, extractive industry or utility environment.
- First class communication skills, written and oral. Confident spokesperson, credible as a representative of the company with external contacts, such as Environment Agency, other regulatory bodies and community groups.
- A strong health and safety awareness and determination to improve health and safety aspects of the operation
- Commercially astute and results orientated.
FCC Environment (FCC Environment is the trading name for FCC Environment (UK) Limited and FCC Environment Services (UK) Limited is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres.
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste.
- Waste Processing –industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for this challenging and exciting role, please click apply and submit your CV which must include a short paragraph detailing why you would like to be considered for this role.
You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80670219