Projects Engineering Manager - Ports
Bulk handling solutions company based in Romford, Essex requires Group Engineering Project Manager to manage a variety of new and exciting engineering projects.
The client manages materials handling solutions such as Coal Terminals, Ship to Shore Cranes, Mobile Bagging systems etc in a number of port terminal locations around the world.
The role will form part of the senior management team and will be based from the Headquarters in Romford, Essex, but will require regular overseas travel to include Africa, South America, Phillipines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of the ports industry and terminal management, particularly Dry Bulk Terminals. Must have experience of technical management in bulk / breakbulk terminal environment
- Engineering Project Management experience covering all aspects of projects: design, development, implementation, feasibility, budgeting etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of terminal equipment and cargo handling equipment and cargo handling techniques for bulk and break bulk terminals
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety, Operational, Environmental and regulatory issues applicable to port and terminal operations
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to function at international level with partners, suppliers, service providers, leading where necessary
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- An engineering degree is strongly preferred; civil engineering knowledge is an advantage otherwise a management degree in a relevant discipline
Main Responsibilities for Engineering Project Manager:
- Engineering and project management of new terminal projects and development projects of existing terminals.
- Set up and manage technical project teams assigned to each project, including third party contractors where appropriate.
- Ultimate responsibility to ensure that the project teams design, build (where required), equip, test, prove and deliver new terminals or development projects to the contracted specification, on time and on budget.
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the Business Development Director to develop prospective terminal management contracts and terminal consultancy projects.
- Provide engineering support to all stages of the Terminal Management contract process: proposal development & contract negotiation through to commissioning and ultimately handing a working project over to a local management team.
- Provide technical design and development ideas and expertise for development projects.
- The role will involve working with personnel at all levels both in the UK and internationally; co-ordination with directors; functional heads; JV partners overseas, 3rd party specialist providers, port authorities and similar governmental/regulatory organisations.
- End-to-end delivery, including: adhering to financial feasibility, marine and land-side analysis and design, terminal and equipment design, bulk and general cargo handling and operational techniques, health & safety, environmental, personnel requirements, setting appropriate KPIs, ensure compliance with local and international regulatory requirements.
This position attracts a competitive salary, great travel opportunity and the chance to become a pivotal member of the engineering team, developing new projects throughout the organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80673111