Credit Administrator (Mandarin speaker)
Principal Purpose of the Job:
- Loans administration of a portfolio of assets including bilateral, syndicated and sub-participated loans as well as trade finance transactions, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of credit business throughout the product life-cycle and co-ordinating with all appropriate departments as required (e.g. Credit Management, Front Office, Operations, Treasury, Risk & ALM and Financial Control).
- Assist in Agency function.
- Review Facility agreements from Operational point of view.
- Post-lending management and limit monitoring.
- Regulatory, internal and Head Office reporting.
- Ensure that all new facilities are established within a standardised control framework (principally Global Credit Management System or “GCMS”) including syndicated, bilateral and participated loans and trade finance, to enable accurate loan administration outcomes and post-lending management (e.g. Circulation of emails, Facility Tickets uploaded to GCMS, collateral / covenants / Conditions Precedent monitoring and updating spreadsheet, folder/files created, fax templates and monitoring established spreadsheets, fees and repayment schedules diarised etc).
- Ensure that minimum requirements for drawdown sign-off are achieved prior to disbursement (i.e. facility agreement and tickets are executed, credit approval is in place, Conditions Precedent are satisfied and utilisation requests are valid).
- On daily basis monitor (including monitoring incoming FAXs and emails, saving, circulating and diarising), maintain and update the loan database e.g. rate fixing, principle, interest and fees payment, rollover renewal, updating L&U by keeping good communication with the customers and agents in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure that loan E-permits are sent to Operational Department before the cut off time.
- Assist with archiving and housekeeping of facility documentation.
- Assist with GCMS customer merging – Credit Administration co-ordinates with both Credit Management Department and Front Office (i.e. Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking and Treasury), providing customer information download guidance.
- Monitor and escalate late payments in connection with the Relationship Managers, and assist in the resolution of late payment issues.
- Credit administration including post-lending management. Main duties include (but not restricted to) providing “second pair of eyes” for facility documentation prepared by Front Office; monitoring covenants / collateral / Conditions Precedent etc.
- Assist with administrative duties within the Agency function.
- Perform periodic reconciliation of various inter-departmental systems for both on-balance sheet and off- balance sheet assets.
- Pro-actively suggest processing improvements, highlight data quality or procedure issues etc.
- Other functions as may be required to assist the Head of CAD from time to time.
- Experience of reviewing Facility agreements;
- Extensive experience of working on Bilateral and Sub part loans;
- Have experience of working in similar sized bank;
- Conscientious approach with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to deliver under strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality;
- Effective workload prioritization;
- Good team-worker;
- System skills: Microsoft Excel and Word to intermediate / advanced level;
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal;
- Mandarin speaker is mandatory.
Other Factors:The job involves communication within the Bank (particularly Credit Management, Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking, Operations, Treasury, Risk & ALM and Financial Control) and with appropriate business counterparties.The term “Bank” in this document refers to ICBC (London) plc and the London Branch of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80681152