IT Procurement Category Manager - FTSE 250
This globally renowned financial services firm gained its success from consistently offering the highest quality services and products to its clients. Currently this company is undergoing a major transformation to their procurement function, specifically making the distinction between their strategic and tactical procurement teams.
Due to this function's restructure, this firm is searching for a remarkable procurement professional with a strong strategic background specifically within the IT procurement category. This role sits within an established procurement team working together on the current total indirect spend of almost €500m.
- Understand needs across the entire IT category to accurately define the overall strategy for this category
- Identify opportunities for cost savings within the current procurement function and pre-existing contracts
- Strategically source new suppliers and run the entire end-to-end procurement process to create value within the function at every aspect of the procedure
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to fully gauge the firm's complex requirements and improve the perception of procurement across the wider business
Require Skills and Experience
- Extensive strategic IT procurement category experience specifically across software, hardware or networks.
- Experience working within a fast-paced and dynamic environment specifically blue-chip environment
- Substantial stakeholder management capabilities with the specific focus on increasing stakeholder buy-in
- A demonstrable track record of tangible savings and value add within a competitive environment
- Exceptional academics - Educated to degree level or international equivalent (CIPS desired but not essential)
Why should you apply?
- The opportunity to shine and drive change within a pre-established procurement team
- Become an asset to such an esteemed financial services firm with a clear progression path
- Develop your procurement lifecycle skills, stakeholder and supplier management skills within a dynamic team environment
If you would like to know more about this role or apply directly for the position, click Apply now or send your CV directly to the team at
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80676282