Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer, Leicestershire, UK
£27-35,000 + benefits
If the idea of working within a collaborative and team centric environment to design and develop world class products excites you then this could well be a great opportunity for you.
This company seeks a driven, motivated and talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team and aid with the design and development of their vehicles and machinery systems.
The role would involve working in small teams to produce complete vehicle designs which means you could get exposure to all aspects of the vehicles (e.g. hydraulic systems, suspension, chassis and structural design, engine integration and packaging of powertrain systems, cooling, etc.)
Hence mechanical design engineers with a versatile array of mechanical engineering knowledge and a good practical approach to design and development would be required.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- A good degree in a relevant subject (e.g. mechanical / Automotive engineering)
- Proven experience of high end 3D solid modelling CAD software (e.g. Unigraphics NX, Solidworks, Creo, Catia or similar)
- Practical, hands on engineering skills would be ideal- ability to build or fabricate systems
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with a passion for engineering and mechanical design
Suitable project experience would be handy (e.g. relevant internships, placement years or post-graduation industry experience) such as some of the following:
- construction vehicles or agricultural machinery (yellow goods)
- Commercial vehicles, military vehicles, rolling stock or Special vehicles (involving hydraulics or similar)
- Heavy fabricated systems - Gas turbines, Oil & Gas- material handling systems, cranes
- Maybe capital equipment, hydraulic lifting platforms and large machinery may also be considered
Further training and personal development opportunities are promoted within this company.
To apply for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, please click APPLY now and send CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80670783