Senior IT Support Engineer - Hardware and Software £35K - Kent
We have been asked to find a Senior IT Engineer to provide hardware and software support, both remotely and desk side for an ERP Software Vendor to be based at its Kent office.
This Senior IT Engineer position is predominantly office based providing remote access support to its customers. There will be some requirement to visit client sites to resolve more complex issues and from time to time as part of a project management team.
There will also be an occasional need to cover out of hours remote support from home.
This company prides itself on the quality of its support and as such require an additional Senior IT Engineer to join the team to keep pace with a growing customer base. Youll be joining a small friendly team that work together.
What you'll be doing as the Senior IT Engineer:
- Using your technical knowledge and the available resources to accurately diagnose problems across a wide range of operating systems and business applications, resolving Network and Server issues
- Providing Break Fix on all Hardware equipment across a range of PCs, Laptops, Printers and other devices
- Perform Install, Moves, Adds and Change (IMAC) activities
- Working within required service level agreement (SLA)
- Resolving customer issues in a timely fashion, keeping the customer updated and escalating if necessary
- Work with the Service Desk to enable a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the client for all allocated calls
- Following recognised procedures to ensure that high standards are adhered to
- Periodically you'll work with the Head of Engineering to review Security Policies to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements
Skills and Experience required for the ideal Senior IT Engineer:
- 5 Years minimum IT engineering experience and hardware knowledge working in a business to business environment
- Must be able to accurately diagnose and repair desktops, laptops and Servers
- Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
- Extensive working knowledge of networks and Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications, in particular Exchange and SQL.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Hyper V
- Exposure to Small Business Server would be desirable, but is not essential
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, WINS
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with network switches and WatchGuard firewalls
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- ITIL exposure or experience working within frameworks
- Microsoft accreditation desirable
- Full UK driving license
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Cooperative, flexible team player with the ability to work well under pressure
+£5k car allowance and a full benefits package
Senior IT Engineer, Hardware Support, Software Support, IT Engineer, Network, Servers, Break Fix, Install, Moves, Adds, Changes, IMAC, Exchange, SQL, Hyper V, SBS, Active Directory, DHCP, WINS, ITIL
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80691599