Assistant Financial Controller
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to work in the Finance Excellence Team, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 6 months working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying up to a maximum £32K pro rata, per annum.
- The Finance Excellence Team (FET) is a core pillar within the Finance Operating Model and UKI MCO. The team directly business partners both Marketing and Customer Development (CD) teams leading the performance management agenda together with Decision Support via Expertise teams.
- Partnering value and unlocking operational efficiencies are core principles of the FET.
- Working within the FET provides ambitious individuals with the opportunity to experience the fast paced environment of FMCG and be directly involved in steering front line business performance against the stretching goals we set ourselves.
- Flexible working arrangements are possible / would be considered for suitable candidates for the role.
Brief Job Description and Key Accountabilities
- Driving best in class Smart Commercials across the customer accounts
- Educate and upskill CD business partners on P&L impact of balance sheet activities and reflect this in their monthly performance calls
- Ensuring balance sheet accruals for each account accurately reflect customer liabilities.
- Actively managing risk around the level of gross & aged deductions.
- Seek further simplification and efficiencies on the reporting KPI's relating to the Order to Cash cycle and enhance CD understanding of this cycle.
- Business partner CD to enable efficient resolution of transactional & balance sheet related issues.
- Working with CD teams to re-claim invalid deductions from the customer.
- Working with Order to Cash team to minimize price claims and improve customer invoice accuracy.
- Identifying areas where CD can lead for improvements in Working Capital with their customers (e.g. payment days).
- Studying towards professional accounting qualification
- Understanding how P&L and balance sheets work
- Excellent engagement and communication skills
- Ability to own & drive the agenda for the business (pro-active & independent worker)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to constructively challenge assumptions and hold others accountable
- Ability to make the complex simple
- Attention to detail
- Previous FMCG/Retail experience preferable
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80691348