Dispensary Operations Manager
Dispensary Operations Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Hours per week: 50hpw
Role Type: Permanent
Role Hours: Full Time
Provide leadership to the dispensary team to ensure an efficient, effective and customer/patient focused service is delivered in accordance with current regulations and guidance.
Duties & Responsibilities
Deliver Operational Excellence
* Develop an OGSM plan for the Dispensary that delivers corporate goals/targets and prepares the Department for significant future growth.
* Develop robust plans for the efficient and effective supply of medicines in accordance with current regulations and guidance.
* Closely monitor performance against targets and agreed service delivery standards and ensure action is taken either directly, or through direct reports, to address any areas of underperformance.
* Assess capacity demands to undertake work tasks, and take steps to optimise the deployment of available staff resources.
* Ensure data required to meet contractual, legal and corporate governance requirements is collected accurately and within agreed timelines.
* Ensure quality management processes are in place and used effectively e.g. routine audits, recording of complaints; clinical incidents are subjected to rigorous 'root-cause' analysis. Use learning from these practices to inform developments in clinical practice and operational processes. Actively nurture a learning and quality oriented culture within the Department.
* Actively identify and manage risk. Put processes in place to identify the likelihood and severity of risks and develop strategies for managing these.
* Ensure agreed protocols/guidelines are being consistently applied by entire pharmacy team in relation to the supply of medicine to patients in accordance with the Medicines Act and 'Medicines, Ethics and Practice Guide' and the Guide to Good Distribution Practice.
Drive Performance Improvement & Efficiencies
* Set stretching objectives for team in line with OGSM plan.
* KPI analysis: reporting and analysing daily Key Performance Indicator data to determine sites productivity, quality levels and delivery against service agreements.
* Initiate systematic reviews of organisational processes to identify ways of enhancing the patient/customer experience and making operational efficiencies.
Lead & Manage People
* Motivate and inspire the team to excel.
* Put processes in place to identity collective training needs, and develop a training plan to address existing capability gaps and help build capabilities needed to support future growth.
* Ensure best practice regarding the on-boarding of new staff is implemented within area of responsibility.
* Lead the selection process for directs reports.
* Conduct annual appraisals with direct reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Ability to motivate, develop and lead a team.
- Coaching and training skills
- Dynamic and driven to deliver results
- Business planning skills
- Exercise strong judgement and comfortable performance managing others
- Quality, customer and patient focused
- Change management expertise
- Copes well under pressure and displays personal resilience
- Good level of clinical knowledge of medicines specific to HaH
- Detailed knowledge of legislation, regulations etc. as they pertain to the delivery of safe and effective pharmacy operations
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Pharmacy
- Registered with the GPhC and completion of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as per council guidelines
- 5+ years Previous management/leadership experience
- 7+ experience working as a Pharmacist in a community or hospital environment
- Track record of delivering against agreed targets/goals and evidence of enhancing the delivery of pharmacy services
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80694593