Due to an internal promotion, we now require an Applications Technician to provide administrative assistance and technical support within the Applications Department.
Being responsible for technical validations, investigations, projects and developing technical literature that can be used to demonstrate and assist in the correct use of clinical systems (assay and analyser). Role involves both laboratory work and office based tasks and provides an excellent opportunity to gather experience and skills forming a sound basis for development into an Application Specialist role.
The role will involve:
• Using problem solving and analytical skills to help in investigation and resolution of customer complaints and enquiries
• Supporting and advising Sales, Marketing and Technical specialists
• Create and maintain technical support literature and training materials
• Excellent communication skills keeping supervisor(s) and project managers advised of issues and support needs
• Research, analyse, evaluate and make recommendations for continuous improvements to specifications and applications procedure
Knowledge and Skills
• A relevant scientific qualification.
• Good writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• The ability to problem solve.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• The ability to work within a team.
• The ability to use own initiative.
• To be have an approachable and positive attitude.
• To be flexible to the needs of the business.
• Knowledge of Biochemistry instrumentation.
• Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures.
• Knowledge / work experience in an immunology/Biochemistry.
• Handling of immunodiagnostic products
• Knowledge of Nephlometers/Tubidometric systems.
We are a £130m turnover, private equity backed, international healthcare business, which specialises in the development, manufacture and distribution of diagnostic products.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80667217