An Engineering Support Technician is required to join a global production outfit based in South Kent.
Working beneath a senior member of staff within the Engineering department, the key remit for the role will be provide further technical and troubleshooting (both internal and external) support and advice concerning engineering issues product design and development.
The incoming candidate will be tasked with supporting the creation of technical drawings, and offering technical advice in terms of material selection, working closely with the Production and purchasing departments.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Produce high quality 3D models and 2D engineering drawings, and carry out document control;
- Undertake documentation, research and drafting tasks as requested by internal / external sales team, and engineering manager;
- Prepare layout, design, and detail drawings, based on concept drawings or mark-ups provided by the Engineering Manager;
- Work within company guidelines with regards to health and safety, quality and training;
- Answering technical queries for internal / external sales team and customers.
The role will suite a candidate with a higher education in Engineering (Degree level), or those that have gained a HNC/HND. Experience of using CAD packages (AutoCAD or Solidworks) will be required; with experience of using Inventor being highly advantageous.
Applicants will be strong communicators and be able to work effectively in a small team environment. In the absence of the senior member of staff, you will be able to step up and become the first port of call for any engineering issues.
Interviews will likely take place in the first few weeks in February. Owing to the location of the firm, it is advisable that applicants will drive and have their own transport.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80672747