Junior/Assistant Garment Technologist
Junior / Assistant Garment Technologist role in Manchester.
The role of the Junior Garment Technologist will be to work closely with the Garment Technologist and QA, assisting in the design and development of new products, ensure both new and existing product development follows agreed procedures and company standards are met at all times.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development of new products to both strengthen the company’s existing range and extend into new products and product areas. Ensuring products are safe and working to set deadlines.
- Updating product size and construction specifications where required/
- Creating and updating design and technical and sizing specifications, ensuring a high level of accuracy is maintained.
- Development of new patterns or pattern alterations.
- Production of samples along with design packs to production, may include developments of new styles, fabric and design details where required.
- Processing of intelligent sizing requirements and attending fit meetings.
- Assist in the assessment of new suppliers and products.
- Addressing pattern and construction issues.
- Ensuring that construction, fabric and design detail of all styles are correct and in line with artwork and CAD packs.
- Keep clear and precise records relating to all product design, development, approvals and technical issues.
- Completing technical packs and updating where necessary.
- Establishing and building relationships with internal teams and suppliers.
An ideal Garment Technologist will hold the following skills and attributes:
- Organisational skills to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail and a high standard of work quality.
- Demonstrable experience in technical drawings and artwork production.
- Industry knowledge by way of product testing, cloth and fabrics.
- Pattern knowledge and technical garment construction.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, a team player.
- Ability to effectively manage varying tasks and changing demands of the business at short notice.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Computer literate in respect of MS Office application, fully competent user of adobe illustrator and knowledge of how to use Photoshop.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with at least 1 to 2 years experience in the role and with qualifications relevant to clothing technology.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80684428