Stamp Tax Manager
Job Title: Stamp Tax Manager
Salary Level: Competitive
Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you'll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
The Stamp Taxes Group at EY is the largest stamp taxes team with a 20 strong team nationwide. The team advises on all aspects of stamp taxes including both UK real estate, Scottish Land and Buildings Transaction Tax, financial services and corporate transactions and restructurings. This provides a unique development opportunity as team members have the option of experiencing a wide range of transaction related areas within the same team or specialising in one or more areas. The team prides itself in flexibility of working - whether involving working in several areas or in working from home.
The Stamp Taxes Group works with clients of all sizes in all industries, working closely with the incredibly strong network of teams around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, individuals apply their skills to a variety of transactions, from small family-owned concerns to high-profile, newsworthy deals.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients
- Manage the successful delivery of stamp tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in Stamp Taxes or transactions
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- We would consider Senior Advisor level as well as Management level applicants
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching more junior staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- Any of the following preferred: qualified lawyers, ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Legal, Law or Property background would be of interest
- Graduate/Graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80671437