Head of Group Reporting
Over the next 5 years, Domestic and General are rolling out a significant amount of change to the business, driven by the Group's exciting new strategy putting customers at the heart of the business, as well as by external factors such as regulatory change and Brexit. This is our 'P22' strategy, extending through to 2022. To help deliver and embed this change across the business we now have an opportunity for a Head of Group Reporting to join us on a permanent basis.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Domestic and General. Working in a PE backed business and with the continued development and investment as part of our P22 strategy, it provides a great opportunity for a high-quality Head of Group Reporting to ensure accurate financial information and analysis to key stakeholders and for the business.
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
- Delivery of timely, accurate financial information and analysis
- Overseeing the monthly Group consolidation process
- Overseeing the production of the monthly Group Board pack including:
- Flash financial reporting for PE investor
- Production of board pack commentary
- Production of board pack schedules - P&L, balance sheet and cash flows including cashflow available for debt service
- KPI reporting
- Overseeing budget holder expense reporting process and quarterly staff cost forecast modelling
- Production of the Group (IFRS) and subsidiary (UK GAAP) statutory accounts
- Quarterly financial reporting in line with external debt obligations
- Managing the external audit process
- Ensuring the Group is compliant with all relevant accounting technical pronouncements and standards
- Ensuring appropriate financial controls and processes are in place throughout the Group including involvement in the production of the Group Finance & Control manual
- Assist with ad hoc finance projects including financial instrument reporting, Solvency II, and management of foreign exchange exposure
- Preparation of financial information required for exit (IPO, trade, secondary)
What we expect from you:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels of the business including Group CEO, CFO, and external advisors
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgment showing logical decision making, and a hands-on approach
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- ACA qualified with post-qualification experience
- Strong technical accounting expertise including IFRS and/or UK GAAP
- Extensive experience of Group reporting and consolidation
- Good knowledge of tax accounting and tax computations
- Experience of entrepreneurial, Private Equity backed businesses would be an advantage
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Discounts on Domestic and General products and services
- Great local employee discounts at shops, restaurants and gym
Why join Domestic and General?
Domestic and General are the UK's leading specialist warranty provider and have been in business for over 100 years, with a proud history of looking after people and their products when things go wrong. That could mean anything from making laundry happen again for one customer to getting the central heating back on for another. But there's more to us than that.
Major manufacturing, retail and financial services brands choose to work closely with us. Many independent vendors do too. Whoever we're working with, we tailor our approach to get the best results, while keeping our customers' interests at heart. We manage the whole warranty process, including appliance registration, mailing, contact centres, repair networks, in-house administration and claims handling.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80683386