FCC Environment, part of the FCC Group, have a requirement for a Compliance Officer to be based at their South Ribble site in Leyland.
About the role
Reporting to the Contract Manager our Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the site is operated in accordance with the Waste Collection contract and that all documentation is maintained and up to date, including Risk Assessments, Audits, Operating Standards etc. and that this information is communicated both internally externally.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Awareness and compliance with the company SHEQ policy
- Promotion of the importance of public participation in increasing waste prevention, reuse and recycling, missed bins etc.
- Attendance at meetings with waste management partners
- Management of regular meetings with the client, South Ribble Borough Council and operational staff
- Development and implementation of training, tool box talks, risk assessments and safe working procedures
- Development, implementation and audits of ISO 9001, 14001, OHS 18001/ISO 45001 Integrated Management Systems HWRCs
- To collate and report KPI and Council Recycling Initiatives data
- Communicate Health and Safety policies
- Provide training and mentoring , becoming a strong leader and champion of best practice
- Contract Audits
Experience and Skills
- Waste management in a local authority environment, ideally with recycling, waste management and transport knowledge
- Presentations, organising events, meetings, rotas and schedules
- Good IT skills including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experienced in completing Risk Assessments and implementing safe working practices
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- A professional and disciplined approach to management, working alongside operational teams, ensuring performance expectations, service standards and compliance requirements and targets are met
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. Our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centers
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste
- Waste Processing –industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80669986