Senior Asset Manager
Our client, an innovative property company responsible for buying and developing sites in order to realise the government’s manifesto commitment to open 600 new free schools in England by 2021 is recruiting a Senior Asset Manager.
With over £2bn to spend on land and buildings, our client will grow to be one of the largest purchasers of land in the UK. The company is responsible for negotiating complex acquisitions and developments in order to get the best possible value for money from the public investment deployed.
Working directly with Britain’s biggest landowners, agents and developers, our client is responsible for buying sites the length and breadth of England, with individual acquisition budgets that range from £500k to £50m+.The company’s transactions are rarely straightforward. They operate at pace and require complex negotiations with multiple partners across the private and public sectors.
To achieve this, they draw upon a multidisciplinary team with highly specialist skills and extensive property sector experience in order to secure the best possible deals on behalf of taxpayers.
As a Senior Asset Manager, you will be driving the provision of an integrated Asset Management service ensuring the value of the portfolio is protected and enhanced
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring portfolio properties are statutory compliant and secure.
- Ensuring appropriate occupier lease and licence arrangements are in place.
- Increasing portfolio value and revenue enhancement through active asset management of commercial leases and wider entrepreneurial and commercial initiatives and “out of the box thinking”.
- Driving value through optimising costs and ensuring value for money.
- Delivering the above with an entrepreneurial, proactive and “can do” approach.
- Engaging strongly with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
- Ensuring you comply with statutory compliance and health and safety across the portfolio.
- Developing and implementing appropriate value add initiatives to increase revenue and improve value for money.
- Increasing income by originating and implementing commercial initiatives.
- Developing and implementing appropriate FM and security strategies.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, on-site staff, occupiers and other colleagues.
- Developing and managing operational budgets and monitoring actual spend on schemes to ensure budgets are not exceeded.
- Day-to-day management of the portfolio including regular site inspections
- Ensuring that Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement targets for the portfolio are met or exceeded.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a member of appropriate professional bodies
- Be able to develop and interpret leases and licences including the principles of lease structures and a strong understanding of landlord and tenant matters.
- Have an understanding of all required hard and soft FM services including various supply chain contracting structures.
- Possess an understanding of the key issues to be noted in building inspections.
- Have knowledge of statutory compliance and Health and Safety best practice.
- Question and probe to ensure understanding of client’s needs.
- Produce original well-composed letters, reports and proposals in the appropriate style.
- Provide sound verbal advice that creates trust.
- Maintain a strong presence in a group and gain attention when speaking.
- Continually develop technical competence and specialist expertise.
- Show a breadth of skill and understanding of relevant commercial asset management, property management and facility management issues.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering increased portfolio value through improved revenue from entrepreneurial initiatives and value for money procurement.
- Have experience of managing the provision of FM services and ensuring statutory compliance.
- Have the ability to develop network of contracts with landowners, institutional investors, developers and local authorities.
- Have enthusiasm, thoroughness, commitment and be controlled under pressure.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, organised, with an eye for detail
- Establish networks with landowners, institutional investors, developers and local authorities.
- Be recognised as an industry specialist.
- Possess strong IT capabilities in Microsoft packages.
It may be an advantage if you:
- Were Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Had working knowledge of public sector procurement requirements.
- Had experience of originating and implementing value add commercial initiatives that deliver enhanced value.
- Had demonstrable commercial awareness of the property market, market norms and best practice.
- Had an understanding of the particular constraints within which government transactions must be undertaken.
In return they offer:
- A basic salary of £50,000 - £66,700 dependent on experience.
- 25 days’ holiday (in addition to statutory bank holidays).
- A defined contributions pension scheme
- The opportunity to participate in a performance related pay scheme.
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2013
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80664227