Mitigation & Recovery Claims Handler
Mitigation and Recovery Claims Handler - Nottingham - Competitive Salary + Benefits
Crawford and Company prides itself on being a world leading multinational company that are continuing to progressively grow in the Claims Management and Loss Adjusting industry. In the UK, Crawford operates through 27 offices all with professional experience and technical expertise to manage claims from start to finish.
Mitigation (removal or management of trees and vegetation) is a vital part of the subsidence process; reducing claim spend by avoiding the need to underpin and reducing durations through prompt action (particularly when trees are owned by Neighbours or third parties.) The role is primarily aimed at making sure appropriate mitigation is carried out as quickly as possible; with claims closely managed and tracked to ensure successful recovery of the outlay of costs from Third Parties & Local Authorities.
You will be an experienced claims handler looking for a new career in a forward thinking company. You will be confident at dealing with solicitors and recovering any costs incurred. You will be super organised and able to arrange repairs, restoration and manage a large portfolio of claims. In return you can expect a competitive package including private medical care, company pension, 22 days holiday, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm working week and dress down Friday's.
Review files to ensure correct levels of site investigations ordered.
- Track and review ongoing monitoring programmes.
- Enter a dialogue directly with Third Parties & Local Authorities as needed.
- Review files &/or undertake land registry searches to correctly identify the relevant tree owners (Policyholder, Neighbour, Third Party) and confirm whether any statutory controls apply (i.e. Tree Preservation Order or Conservation Area).
- Identify if there is a potential recovery action.
- Enter a dialogue with the tree owner to get appropriate mitigation undertaken promptly.
- Build & develop good working relationships with Solicitors
- Build relationships with our Arboricutlural Suppliers and Local Authority Tree Officers in order to effectively progress claims.
- Ensure accurate pipeline reports are maintained.
- Confirm key decisions or chasing action in writing using standard letters.
- Follow process to carefully diary and escalate claims to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Deal with day to day telephone queries within agreed service criteria.
- Ensure work is prioritised effectively & ensure personal targets are met.
- Review file on completion of mitigation, noting any outstanding issues or difficulties for the Case Owner to progress.
- Sound technical skills to pro-actively manage subsidence claims.
- Good problem solving skills to initiate resolution.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to convey technical information in a clear and concise way.
- Well developed interpersonal skills to build rapport and manage customer expectations.
- Good organisational and time management skills; to co-ordinate and deliver on a variety of actions concurrently, delivering every time to high standards.
- Strong computer literacy skills to make effective use of a variety of ICT platforms and applications.
Please apply below
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80665599