Accounts Payable Clerk (UK Shared Services)
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for ensuring that supplier invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner by maximising the use of the three way match process. The Accounts Payable Clerk will also be required to prepare payments in accordance with supplier terms and ensure that the payment process is performed in an efficient, controlled manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that supplier invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Prepare payments in accordance with supplier terms and Essentra policy.
- Accurate processing of invoices, including entry and matching to purchase order receipts.
- Adherence to Schedule of Authority at all times.
- Resolve all invoice queries and supplier statement discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Support the resolution of outstanding bank reconciliation balances.
- Maintain a well controlled AP TB with minimal debit balances.
- Strong business partnership with local sites based on a customer service mindset.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive efficiency within the business.
- Undertake an annual review of processes and controls ensuring best practice is applied.
- Support and contribute to cross department initiatives and collaborate to support the evolution of the Shared Service Centre to 'best in class'.
- Other adhoc duties and responsibilities as requested by the Management Team
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience of working within an Accounts Payable function
- Shared Service, multi ledger experience
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, Fourthshift, Vision (advantageous not essential)
- Intermediate Excel skill
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a positive approach to innovation
- Advocate Continuous Improvement
- The ability to tackle problems by weighing up situations thoroughly, evaluating possible courses of action and implementing solutions
At Essentra we are ideally looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, are passionate about what they do and who strive to make a difference. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes.
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80667461