Head of IT
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Head of IT to join them based in Solihull on a full time, permanent basis. You will be on a competitive salary of £55,000 - £65,000 per annum.
Our clients vision is clear: they want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. They believe in Exceptional People, Superior Service and Commercial Innovation. They’ve created a driven, no-nonsense, agile culture that moves faster than you imagine. And every one of them stands for honesty, for hard work, and, well… for getting on with the job. So, when it comes to achieving their vision, they’re naturally hardwired to do it.
What will you be doing as their Head of IT?
You will take ownership of the company technology stack and support teams to ensure that systems are fully resilient with a long-term enhancement plan in place to enable business growth. You will be responsible to manage the IT team within the business and responsible for all internal Servers, Desktops, Network, Telephony and Systems as well as 3rd party applications. You will also provide a proactive and strategic approach to enhancing and developing new IT services to underpin the business growth.
Key Responsibilities as their Head of IT:
- Provide a strategic roadmap for the technology stack to enable business growth
- Plan and deliver tactical patching and updates across the estate
- Responsible for the production and execution of a Business Continuity plan
- Manage the IT team staff members carrying out appraisals, staff performance reviews and staff mentoring
- Manage the IT team within the business which will be responsible for all internal Servers, Desktops, Network, Telephony and Systems as well as 3rd party applications
- Take a proactive and strategic approach to enhancing and developing new IT services to underpin the business growth
- Work to tight deadlines and provide high levels of technical support within the business environment
- Responsible for ensuring IT team maintain the highest standards of internal customer service
- Responsible for ensuring the IT team provide support for all IT systems including desktop, laptop, and server and associated services
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all internal IT projects
What is needed in order to be able to become their Head of IT?
- Experience of managing teams to meet high levels of service in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Experience of supporting and influencing senior decision makers, including senior management and board level leadership
- Effective manager with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to balance the vision of the business whilst executing strategy with a pragmatic approach to decision making, ensuring appropriate risk management
- Minimum 5 years in a Management role across the networking, IT, software or telecoms industry
- Demonstrable track record of delivering service and solutions and substantial projects in the networking, IT, software or telecoms marketplace
- Degree level or equivalent qualification (Preferably in a technical discipline)
- Project Management Accreditation (PMP, Prince) and/or experience managing this discipline
- Experience in the Service Provider industry
- Knowledge of Service Delivery and Service support disciplines defined by ITIL
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO27001
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Head of IT then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80664932