Commercial Finance Business Support x 2
Muller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader; Muller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently recruiting in our Milk & Ingredients Finance Department for 2 Commercial Finance Business Support roles. You will provide financial support to the Regional Sales Manager providing financial analysis, guidance on new and existing business metrics, helping the business understand regional financial performance and challenging current and future performance including volumes and selling prices.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* To have a detailed understanding of the underlying monthly performance of the customers in the relevant region.
* To investigate variances in customer volumes and profitability on a regular basis.
* To provide input into detailed budget and forecasting process with the Commercial teams in the retail sector, collaborating with the Management Account teams.
* To co-ordinate the monthly reporting and forecasting cycle, as required by the business.
* To be responsible for consolidation of retail financial data from all systems into accurate and relevant information, necessary for the business to make commercial decisions.
* To challenge and influence the regional commercial team on customer volume and DB1 assumptions.
* To work with the Regional Logistics Controllers to identify opportunities for margin enhancing initiatives
* To review the outputs of the account profitability systems and work with the Controlling Commercial Business Partner to identify and integrate improvements to improve accuracy and speed of reporting. Work with the business partner to drive increased value into the customer account.
* To take ownership of the process for evaluating new business proposals, ensuring accurate inputs and supporting the commercial team through the process.
* To be the number 1 contact for the regional commercial team.
* To seek to identify and implement improvements in the commercial review process, including the monthly demand review, weekly volume analysis.
* To have key input into the monthly account surgeries providing insight into customer performance and challenging the commercial team in relation to improving results.
* To work with the commercial team to identify all commercial opportunities and areas for improvement.
* To work with Financial Accounting team and Regional Commercial team to review, assess and where appropriate sign off the month end accruals position for each customer every month. Ensure all accruals are fully supported by authorised GO documentation.
* To provide support to the Regional commercial team providing analysis and insight as a result of customer requests.
* To ensure that members of the Commercial team comply with the GO documentation in terms of rules and principles.
* To ensure that all documentation is appropriately filed and controlled so that access is given only to those that need it however it is readily accessible should we be challenged to provide evidence of authorisation.
Key skills & experience
* Recognised Accountancy qualification or qualified by experience is desirable.
* Proven experience in an FMCG environment is essential.
* Experience in the dairy industry is desirable; knowledge of the different dairy products: how they relate to each other, quality requirements, pricing structures.
* Excellent relationship building and communication skills; able to tailor communications to the audience involved.
* Strong Excel and analytical skills.
* Systems knowledge (Movex/AS400, Access, Cognos, SAP).
* Personable team worker.
* Analytical problem solver with attention to detail.
* Methodical but adaptable to business needs.
* Able to effectively communicate with many different types of people.
* Capable of demonstrating the company values consistently in their role.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80671071