Teacher of Computer Science
The Priory Lodge School is a school for young people aged 7-19 with mild to moderate autistic spectrum disorders, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated learning difficulties. Located in Roehampton, SW London, we aim to deliver the highest level of education and care according to individual needs in a safe, positive and structured environment.
We have a vacancy for a full time Teacher of Computer Science from 16 April 2018, to support the expansion of this provision. Successful candidates will have the subject knowledge to enable them to teach Computer Science to GCSE and A level; the ability to teach Maths is desirable. QTS essential; NQT applications welcome, as well as those from experienced teachers.
This professional will be able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning with support from an LSA.
You will need:
- Qualified Teacher Status with a record of exemplary practice
- Skill in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a team
- Experience of teaching students with a diagnosis of autism is preferred
In return we can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
- High quality support and a genuine commitment to your CPD to ensure that you are successful
- An experienced, committed and ambitious team to support you
- A well resourced school
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best
- An excellent working school environment where staff are happy, positive and dedicated to enabling pupils to reach their potential
We firmly believe that our students have huge potential to achieve. If you believe this too, please apply!References
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children’s Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.Disclosure Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.Let us know how we are doing, review us on Indeed or Glassdoor by following these links
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80664529