Junior IT Operations Analyst
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
We are looking for a Junior IT Operations Analyst to maintain the smooth operation of the Society’s core applications on the data centre computer systems according to business requirements,
You will be responsible to carry out the routine operations of the Society’s core systems as necessary to ensure that systems are available as required by the business and our external customers. This will include:
- Security backups and restores
- Running of overnight batch work
- Data centre security and maintenance
- Starting and stopping services as required by the business
Implementation of all software into the test, user test and production environments
Production of customer pin numbers Monday to Friday for the ATM and Customer First account
Responsibility for switching production services to DR systems as required
DR site – maintenance of the site. This will include all offsite tape libraries and appropriate cycles being maintained
Offsite monitoring of the overnight batch schedule on a callout basis.
Transmission of daily files to BACS containing customer transactions.
After an appropriate amount of time the candidate will be competent in the following:
- MS project
- Pin mailer
- OpeN/2 system – monitoring and daily maintenance
- Backup and tape management – NT and LEGATO
- Systems administration for server monitoring
- E-mail releases
- Virus check upgrade application
- Source control and deployment systems for all core applications
- Unix commands and utilities
- Kornshell programming
- Xi-batch automated job scheduler
- Automated SUMMIT schedule
- CLAXON alert monitor
- A working knowledge of various elements for ORACLE
Ability to use the following systems:
This position is on a shift rota basis covering the hours from 07:00-19:00 Monday to Friday , the shifts will be 07:00-15:00 and 11:00-19:00 on a weekly rotation. Shift hours may change around month end periods, monthly implementations and DR tests.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80684431