Infrastructure Engineer - Virtualization, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Linux, VLAN, Identity & Access Management, VPN
£55,000 - £75,000 basic salary, 15% bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, Healthcare
My client is a global organisation working within the Informatics sector. Technology is at the very core of their success and enables them to deliver huge benefits to their customers.
To this end we are recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to be based at their location in London. The Infrastructure Engineer will work as part of an expert technical team, responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining critical server infrastructure across multiple European Countries.
Infrastructure Engineer Accountabilities
- Network Management, including VLAN design and management, load balancer and firewall installation, configuration and management.
- Microsoft Active Directory administration, management and maintenance
- Configuration, on-site deployment and remote management of server (and connected storage) hardware
- Patch management for Operating Systems, software, anti-malware and anti-virus software
- VM setup and management of hyper-visor software
- Responsible for ongoing capacity management
- Product Vendor Management including product evaluation, selection, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Hosting Partner Management including evaluation, selection, deployment, change management and troubleshooting with IaaS and physically hosted data centres.
- Ensure system availability targets are met through capacity, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, design, implementation and management
Infrastructure Engineer Skills
- Server Hardware (WinTel and open source), blade servers, associated storage and physical network connectivity
- Windows & Linux Server Operating Systems
- Backup and replication software installation, configuration and management skills
- Anti-virus, anti-malware and security related software management
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory administration and management skills
- ITIL based Operations Management experience and certification
- Have a clear understanding or Role Based Access Control and securing server infrastructure
- Excellent hands on knowledge installing, managing and using remote access tools and software clients
- Comfortable with a varying level of UK and European travel
- Configuration, management and administration of mobile device management (MDM) software
- Advanced knowledge and experience installing, configuring and maintaining hyper-visor software such as VMware or Hyper-V
This role will suit Infrastructure Engineers who have had overall responsbility within the organisations that they have worked for and will also be used to working within environments with heavy amounts of Data processing.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960427290