As a History Teacher in a secondary school, you will have the opportunity to educate students in a subject that you are passionate about. Through the use of a variety of resources and techniques, you will support the development of students through their History studies. You will use the national curriculum and your own creativity to ensure students are best prepared as they look to take their GCSEs/ A-Levels.
It's imperative that you are able to stimulate, motivate and inspire students through excellent communication. You're able to work with energy, act with tact and maintain a high-level of patience.
The Secondary School History Teacher:
- Educated to a degree level
- Achieved QTS certification
- Experience and understanding of delivering the National KS3/4/5 History curriculum
- Able to stimulate students to learn
- Passionate about making a difference, in a rewarding career
- Excellent behavioural management skills
- Understanding of student's needs and behaviours
- Ability to plan and deliver lessons from your own initiative
- Approachable, flexible, considerate and friendly
- Prepare daily and long-term lesson plans using the National KS3/4/5 History curriculum guidelines
- Maintain up-to-date with developments in History
- Marking tests and student's work
- Evaluate and monitor student's progress
- Liaise with parents and guardians regarding progress of Student's
- Ensure an effective transition to further education
- Support NQTs and TAs in their progression
- Plan and coordinate extracurricular and creative activities
If you're looking to join a high performing Secondary in Tonbridge for a September post please apply and I'll contact you as soon as possible.
Commercial Services Kent/Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80673724