Laravel developer based in London E1, Aldgate
Our client is a digital services agency providing modern, responsive and polished corporate websites, micro-sites, investor relations tools and market data feeds to quoted companies across multiple markets.
With decades' experience across digital development, investor relations, corporate communications, multimedia and branding, they offer brighter thinking that's at the forefront of technology.
As they continue to grow we are looking to add to the team with a backend PHP / Laravel Developer to join our growing team and help shape the future.
Working with our designers and project management team, you will be responsible for collaboratively developing and maintaining our Laravel applications, which power our Investor Relations (IR) tools.
You will also be involved in the ongoing support and maintenance process.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The role has frontend and backend responsibilities, relating to both development of our internal dashboard, and the processing and normalization of financial / news data.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core strengths:
- Previous experience working as a Laravel-centered developer.
- In-depth knowledge of PHP, object-oriented programming (OOP) and the Laravel framework.
- Experience in writing clean, valid HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery code.
- Experience in version control, particularly Git.
- Ability to collaborate well with project management and fellow developers.
- Ability to document code clearly.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with REST API design.
- Experience in UX design.
- Experience in PHPUnit software testing.
- Passion for keeping up with new and developing web technologies.
- Experience in financial institutions, stock exchanges, or working with listed companies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Laravel Forge, Envoyer, Bitbucket and/or Lumen.
As a rapidly growing team working in a fast-paced environment it is important you can work in a logical and pragmatic manner and deliver under time pressures.
Work environment - what we offer
In return we offer a competitive salary in a central location, a professional environment, flexible working hours and the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and the companies that operate within them.
You will work in an established but innovative organisation and get to be part of a fast-growing company which offers a challenge and a great opportunity to develop your skills.
You will also be able to expand your understanding of the financial markets and help us expand the services and products that we are able to offer. You will also be able to input into our own website and general company branding.
If you would like to speak to us about this role before you apply please call Maureen Marguerie.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80675470