An Engineering Manager is required to join an employer of choice in North Kent (close to the Dartford Crossing).
Reporting into the Operations Director the incoming candidate will be required to undertake full management of a busy Engineering function; accountable for all reactive and preventative maintenance for the plant, but also all CAPEX projects, too.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Select and train professionals under your supervision. Develop specific training related to the activities of the sector. Participate and provide for his team planned training's in the areas of LPS (Loss Prevention System), Quality and Controls;
- Responsible for Lean Thinking and Continuous Improvement across the plant. OEE sustainable in line with market bench-marking is one of the key objectives;
- Coordinate Maintenance and Operation of Utilities area. Maintain the systems for receiving and distribution of electrical energy, water, gas, generation of steam and compressed air to ensure the whole process of production and filling of lubricants and chemicals;
- Manage the programs of predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance on critical equipment (SAFETY) and operational, focus on reducing idleness of machinery for failures;
- Responsible for maintenance costs and respective control expenditures (OPEX);
- Responsible to design and manage the investments of capital projects (CAPEX) and ensure their implementation within the agreed deadlines, without any incidents and within budget
The successful applicant will be a proven Engineering Manager from within process manufacturing or production environment - and have demonstrable experience with managing multiple CAPEX projects from concept to execution. Formal experience of working within a lean environment is crucial.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80671425