Emissions Test Analyst
Perfect Personnel is proud to be a supplier partner to one of the worlds biggest Automotive OEM's.
Due to an increase in demand to meet customers' requirements and unparalleled growth in their market, a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Emissions Analyst to join their growing team.
Our client has a history of creative and innovative design solutions that have reignited a passion for their brand around the world.
The role will require the successful candidate;
· To develop Gasoline EMS Calibrations to meet legislative emissions vehicle characteristic requirements for a range of engines using PFI and GDI fuel systems, both naturally aspirated and turbocharged.
· Carry out activities to include but not limited to the delivery of driveability, emissions, climatic and altitude for Global Markets through test bed and vehicle use. These activities will include hot and cold climate tests and support for the necessary regulatory on-board diagnostics testing with frequent travel.
· Able to assist with PT project planning and proposals under consideration and equally be a pro-active team member within Powertrain Integration leading and/or assisting in the implementation of new process improvements to ensure competitiveness and success moving forward
Duties & Responsibilities will be;
· Be a team player within gasoline calibration team in the delivery of gasoline calibration activities
· Assist the Snr Manager with status reports and appropriate completed sign off documentation for the respective allotted vehicle programme.
· Support weekly team meetings and technical reviews.
· Deliver Powertrain EMS calibration development in vehicle, on chassis rolls and engine dynamometer internally or externally to UK operation as required.
· Assist Ride and Drive events and perform competitor benchmarking activities.
· Assist in developing EMS calibration signoff criteria.
· Ensure that the appropriate test standards are applied and are reviewed/updated as technology progresses.
· Support development of and use of, new technologies and/or processes within the department.
· Support in-market and environment testing.
· This role requires frequent overseas climatic tests so you must hold a valid passport and be prepared to travel.
Scope of the role;
· Deliver products to all legal emissions standards and meeting or exceeding the required project VTS targets.
· Work areas of vehicle and dynamometer calibration for emissions, driveability & start.
· Manage effective delivery of all assigned aspects of the calibration task
· Support calibration programme team leader in managing priorities workload to ensure most effective use of resources and time including environmental test trips.
· Support report out on the programme calibration status.
· Execute programme rectification plans.
· Support the development of new calibration tools and techniques
· To keep abreast of impact of Legislation needs inclusive of calibration requirements going forward
· Directly support current market and or other feature team calibration requests.
· Support supplier liaison and supplier technical development
· To undertake benchmarking where appropriate
· Work with workstream teams to ensure test plans and activities reflect needs of calibration and Business needs
· To support Calibration staff Globally
Skills & Knowledge Required
· Within a Vehicle Calibration delivery team, either with OEM or a consultancy.
· Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar significant relevant experience.
· Good working knowledge of Bosch EMS and ETAS INCA toolset. MATLAB experience desirable.
· Knowledge of European emissions legislation.
· Ability to prioritise competing deadlines.
· Good understanding of competitors products.
· Strong forward thinking to be able to identify new opportunities
· Exceptional communication skills
· Legal ability to work in the UK
· Full, UK or EU driving license
· Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company
To apply please contact the team today at Perfect Personnel’s Manchester Technical Hub.
Perfect Personnel Group is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960427156